1. Check for lead in your environment.
2. Install the proper fire and contamination detection for your home.
3. Familiarize yourself and your family with your car seat.
4. Keep a baby diary.
5. Inoculate your child against diseases.
6. Stimulate your child’s continued development by abstaining from corporal punishment.
7. Don’t compare your child’s development with anyone else’s.
Being a new parent can feel like you are navigating a mine field with a stroller. Just remember that there are things you can do to help keep your baby safe while also helping to alleviate your stress. When you are sure that your baby is safe and healthy, there is nothing left to do but actually enjoy the experience of being a parent.